Monday, October 18, 2010

Get your mind out of the Gutter Turkey Kabobs!

One thing about getting married is that you are booked every weekend for dinner. Good thing is I dont have to cook that day. Bad thing is if you dont own enough indian outfits your basically SOL. This weekend we had the pleasure of going to BIGs cousins house for dinner, Sumeera and KD Bali. As we drank and ate.. My mother-in-laws Pantry came up. And everyone was so curious about what I had to say about the bedroom.... All I have to say about this one is GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER..ahem ahem Mrs. Lubna Kurani and Ashoo Sharma!

Sumeera made some amazing turkey kabobs heres the recipe. They are great with chutneys (brown and green)

INGREDIENTS
2 pounds lean ground lamb/turkey
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
1 tablespoon finely chopped green chile
1 Egg
2 Slices of white bread
3 or 4 teaspoons kabab masala (MDH or Rajah Tandoori Masala-which I use)
salt to taste

DIRECTIONS

In a large bowl, mix ground meat, onions, ginger, chile, egg and bread . Add kabab masala and salt. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Line a baking dish with foil and thinly coat it with olive oil.
Grease your palms and mold handfuls of the mixture to form sausages. Refrigerate until you are ready to bake.
Preheat oven on 350 F.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning once after 10 minutes or so.

I think these would taste great on a cucumber onion salad with mint chutney and pita chips or on a bed of jasmine rice.

This ones easy and great entertaining food!

2 comments:

  1. I'm drooling on my laptop! I have some Shan masala here - would that make a big difference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shan will work just fine. If you have any cilantro.. I would add that in.

    ReplyDelete